“A new online project at Another Timbre: 7 realisations of a graphic score by Sarah Hughes (+ 7 more to come) + an interview with Sarah about the project. Contributing musicians include Ryoko Akama, Alfredo Costa Monteiro, Phil Julian, Choi Joonyong, Seth Cooke, Lali Barriere and Olivier Toulemonde.”
Throughout 2014, sound artist John Macedo will be posting 30 seconds of sound recorded each day. This will include improvisations, studies, micro-compositions, field recordings, or anything else that happens that day.
12 January 2014 – Phil Julian (Serge Modular Synthesizer)
“A Christmas gift to you – over two hours of music exclusive to the Admirable Restraint radio show, as (mostly) heard on the Christmas Special broadcast on 19 December but now available in glorious high-quality audio.
Featuring John Butcher, Stephen Cornford and Samuel Rodgers, Gil Sansón, Kostis Kilymis, Phil Julian, Ben Owen, Samwich Pettingzoo and Andrew Brooks, and both Daniel and A F Jones.
Available as a name-your-price download with all proceeds going to Beyond Blue, working to reduce the impact of depression and anxiety in the Australian community.”
Features an unreleased track from the York VCS3 sessions.
01. @C.. – zweiundneunzig (für Pure) (No End of Vinyl) 00:00
02. Emptyset – Trawsfynydd Nuclear Power Station – Snowdonia, Wales 17.12.12 (Material) 08:20
03. Asférico – Sonidos Del Subconsciente (I) (Sonidos Del Subconsciente excerpt) 11:58
04. Mika Vainio – Elviss_TV_Room (Fe3O4 – Magnetite) 17:25
05. terje_paulsen-coastline (excerpt) 22:24
06. Miles – Plutocracy (Unsecured) 30:40
07. Phil Julian – B1 (York 17/08/2012) 37:23
08. SR Hess + mise_en_scene – E.G. 4 (Non-Distinction) 42:56
09. Cleared – Cleared (cleared) 45:20
10. Yair Etziony – Hestia (Delphi) 50:52
11. Steinbrüchel + Cory Allen – Seam (Seam) 54:24
A section from “Subfusc” included in a recent :zoviet*france: online radio mix.
New release via Authorised Version.
Recorded directly to computer HD, edited for length & re-sequenced, no other instrumentation.
Mastered by Jac Beloeil.
Nine track chrome C40 cassette w/ download code. (.flac, .mp3 and other options available.)
Limited to 100 copies only.
Order here: a-version.co.uk/av038
Photographs from the recording session here.
Review by Steve Cammack here.
“Photic Ellipse” – stereo mix of four channel computer-generated audio now available for free download in .wav, .flac, .ogg and .mp3 via Authorised Version.
Also featured as part of the Daniel Jones curated series “Curates Egg“.
“An hour of strangeness… ear-shattering, mind-stretching music, or noise, whichever you prefer. John Cage would have loved it” – The Independent.
Hosted by John Wild and ” “[sic] Tim Goldie. Visit abjectbloc.blogspot.co.uk/ for more information.